Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Peek Into Bear's Day

I'm sure these pic's won't be the greatest in quality...but it shows you a quick glimpse into his day. :0)

When we first got into pre-op. He was totally chilled out and playing with his Nintendo DS.



Still chillin' with a brand new hospital gown that actually pumps warm air up in there. He brought Little B and his black belt into the OR with him. Little B has been with Kody since day 1 and the black belt, according to Kody, will give him strength of 100 warriors.
the


So, here he is feeking pretty toasted after the" make me loopy a/k/a I'm feeling a little stoned" medicine that they slipped into his IV.
He was laughing and singing songs from the 70's and he even claimed to have seen penguins walking in the hall. Hey, I think at one time in my life back when I was young, I saw the same ones. Different terms though..HA!.
See that white hose to to left? That's the warm air thingy. How hot is that? {No pun intended..LOL!!!}



And here he is soundly sleeping off the anesthesia and the morphine. How cute is he? It's so hard to believe thisinnocent sleeping angel is the same kid who hours prior, requested "hot nurses in bikini's" Gotta love him. :0)



It's about 5:30 right now and he stayed awake for a good long time while his Gramma and Poppy stopped by, he is sleeping like a baby once again.

I saw his surgical site this afternoon while his nurse changed his bandages. WOW,,,it's alot bigger then what I was expecting..but it looks great. The stitches will dissolve on their own and his hair will grow back.
Some of his hair is about the only thing Kody has lost throughout this because other then that..he is still Kody, my crazy 13 year old boy. honestly....that was the only thing that had me worried..and it turned out to not be a worry after all cuz Bear is still in the building and better then ever. :0)

Have a great night everyone and thank you soooo much for all the well wishes and words of encouragement.

PS. Dad, Kaysha and Kolin...WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

He looks awesome. I'm so happy that it's all over.

Tell Kody I'll pay him to steal that gown/hot air thingy. I think my nether region would love that!

Hallie :)

Stacy said...

It is great to see Kody doing so well, he did all this before I was even awake this am...Go Kody!! Have a great evening with no complications.

Anonymous said...

He looks as handsome as ever...He will be sporting a mohawk and skateboard again really soon. Thanks for keeping us posted ....Love, Marci (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

YOOOHOOO!! Glad Kody came through with such flying colors. What a trooper. He's always been an inspiration, and today was like no other!!

Hope you're resting well, too, Kim in that suite! So glad the hospital is so caring. That can make a world of difference.

Until tomorrow...

Love,
Shiela

christie said...

Glad to hear that it went well ... how peaceful he looks in the photo .. what a trouper!! He has been through so much and has such amazing spirit !! Keeping the K family close in thought and prayer !! Always.

{{{HUGS}}
Christie

Dot O said...

Will be saying an extra prayer to two 2nite for Kody!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, The pics of Kody are great and he looks so good! He is a cute little booger, isn't he? Specially when he's sleeping! ;-) I'm so glad it's over and he'll not have those terrible headaches again! I keep you all in my prayers. Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Kody's surgery went well. I hope that he recovers quickly. How cool that he had his DS to keep him occupied prior to surgery!

Jessie - WA

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin