Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy One Year

I just realized that the blog has been around for one year today.
In the madness of the world these days..I guess that's a good thing.

Work day #1 went really great.
Nine hours in front of a computer was just a little rough on the eyes but it was nice getting out in the world again.

I trained for about three hours and luckily picked it up quick. So, I spent the day dispatching trucks in TX.
It was crazy...there are something like 28 phone lines and at times every one of those lines was ringing.
Thankfully....while I may not be an organized person, I sure can multitask with the best of them. :0)

Anywhos...I want to end this with asking for prayers for all those in the path of Ike.
If there is any way possible..please use this blog as a way to stay in touch.
We worry alot because we have the most sweetest friends in the world who live in Texas.

Also...let's remember those who's lives were lost and the families they left behind in the 9/11 terrorist attacks 7 years ago.
Where were you that morning when the news broke out?
That's a question I think just about everyone can remember.
Some of you may recall that the kids and I were on a plane that very morning coming back home to Florida, from New York.
Not having a clue what was about to happen, we circled the city {from the sky} before we headed south and I pointed out the towers and other sites to the kids.
Who knew that morning the towers would be gone.
We also flew home over the ocean and not land, like we did when we had our flight to NY just 5 days prior. I never once had a clue it was because the pilot knew what was happening and didn't want to crash into land, should our plance have been hijacked as well.

I'll never forget the look on Karlio's face when he found us safe at Orlando airport that morning. He saw the plane crash into the second tower from a rest stop that he stopped at on his way to get us.
All he was told was that it was a plane coming out of the East coast. He had no idea whether we were OK or that he had just lost his entire family.
I had no idea what was happening until he told me.
That was a nightmare I don't ever want to go back to. :0(

Welps..I better get to going. Kaysha needs picking up and I have got to make myself get to sleep earlier.
Tomorrow is fixin' to be a very busy day..I'm sure the phones aren't going to stop for a second.

No pic's today..but, I'll make it up to you soon. LOL...you can't avoid me so don't even begin to try. :0)

Have a great night everyone!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Kim-
Your 9/11 story is crazy-I know we all remember where and what we were doing but you must have been in total shock when you found out after landing. The same morning-that just blows my mind-wow! Karl must have been sick with worry.
Thanks for sharing-I shared my 9/11story on my blog but I was in Kansas.
http://pricelessjourney.blogspot.com
Glad you like your job-I need to find me something-I need to get back into the world and extra $ would be good too.
Tracy

Cheyenne said...

I worked in trucking most of my working life, and it is no picnic. A very busy atmosphere.
Reading about your flight on that fateful day gave me goosebumps. I was at work when it happened and it's like it was just yesterday, I can see it in my mind so clearly where I was at the time.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thinking of Karl knowing...thinking of you all in flight that day...

just thinking....

Glad you are all still here bringing joy to my life.

Hallie :)

Dot O said...

Kim,

Congrats on the job!! I'm sure you are up to the rigors of multitasking - you're a mom!!!

Hard to believe seven years have gone by.... seems like it all just happened and then it doesn't. The kids were 7 1/2 and 10 at the time and now they are 14 1/2 and 17.

Truly a vivid memory for all.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim. Glad to hear your first day went well. At least your days will fly by, being as busy as you are!! :)

You know, I wasn't following Kody until 2002 so I didn't know about your famliy flying on 9/11. How scary that must have been for all of you. I'll never forget being in our kitchen and my mother-in-law calling me that morning. I turned on ABC, which happened to have Regis on, and I saw when the second tower was hit. I cried. Boy, did I cry. Then, being in New York state, silly me would go to bed at night, thinking "what if those planes flew just a few hundred miles from NYC...they'd be in MY neck of the woods?". What if there are MORE planes, even though the skies were being policed more than ever? Military helicopters would go over, LOW FLYING, and it was so eery, hearing them all of the time. I yearned for my kids to be home from school. I could go on and on. What emotions it all brings up. I can't imagine what the families of the victims went through, or the poor people that fled from the scenes of these disasters.

Well, I've rattled long enough!Hope your second day on the job went well.

Have a great weekend! Love,
Shiela

Anonymous said...

Watch out World Mrs. Multitasker is in the working world! That's awesome news & I'm glad your enjoying the job! I didn't blog about 9/11 but I can't believe you were in the air when it all happened. Glad your all safe!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin