Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Computer Used To Be My Best Friend

But spending 10 hours a day in front of it is making me a little cranky. :0)

Sorry I didn't get to bloggin' last night.
It was one of those days where I came home after..ohhhh, 11 hours away, and passed out right in front of the TV. I never even tucked the boys in bed.
So..the guilt of all that made me take them out for McD's hot fudge sundaes tonight.

OK, for those who asked {and those who could really care less} this is what I've been up to.

There is a local trucking company who is under contract with the state of Texas for disaster relief.
We've {well, not me but they} are overseeing about 300 trucks {maybe even more..there's alot} and on day 1, I dispatched {made sure they had all the correct pick up and delivery info}. Days 2 and 3 have been spent doing "call checks". We need to know where they are exactly, etc.
It's alot..I'm talking alot of phone and computer work..but you know, it's cool. I've only talked to one unfriendly person so far.

Most of the trucks are on standby at the Nelson Wolf Stadium in San Antonio. Others are scattered just about everywhere.
Today they sent out trucks full of ice and water to Galveston and Beaumont.
I'm sure tomorrow will be a long day too.
It should last a week or two, then the kids will have me back.
The boys...LOL...they are missin' on their Mama big time. :0)

I have to apologize for the lack of pictures. My camera is just staring at me as if to say "What did I do to make you mad..pick me up baby, pick me up".
So..to make that camera happy again, I'm going to drag out the tripod and attempt to get a photo of tonight's full moon. Wish me luck..the mosquitoes are out big time, not to mention the..UGH...{{{SHIVER}}} frogs. :0/

Welp everyone, I'm going to jump off for now and get some e-mails answered, or check out other blogs, or...oh, who am I kidding.
The boys want to watch "The Forbidden Kingdom", so that's where I'll be too. :0)

Have a great night everyone!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin