Monday, April 7, 2008

Laundromat Day

We have well water, and well water and white clothes don't go real well {no pun intended!!} together.
While I do wash our towels, socks and other replaceable if I have to stuff here at home....their karate uniforms are a totally different story. Anyone that does karate knows that those uniforms cost a small fortune, so we have got to keep them perfectly white and in tip top condition.
Every other weekend I pack up the two boys and their uniforms and head out to the laundromat.

Yesterday I had this thought and it went something like this...

"There is no word maid in the word Mom"

So.....I packed up the boys, laundry soap, Shout, fabric softener, a few magazines for the wait, a handful of quarters, hangers, the uniforms and we left for an hour of...

"Boys...it's time you learned a thing or two about washing your own clothes...your future wives will love you for it and I'll get the Awesome Mother-in-Law award for sure"

We start off with "Shouting" out the tougher stains...



Add soap, set your dials and drop the clothes in...



Pretend it's an arcade game and start dropping quarters...



Drag your Mom out to the Dollar General store next door and get yourselves some goods for the wait and your hard work...



Read a little....



Pose a little...



Try not to make the "I've got a faceful of sour candy" smile...




Finally...SUCCESS...two sparkly clean white uniforms and we're off...



Since they excelled in top loaders, next time I'll teach them the joys of my personal favorite, front loaders.
While most folks dream of corvette's and vacations in Maui....my dream is to someday own a front loading washing machine and dryer set.

SIGH.........

Have an awesome day everyone!!!!!
Today's the last day of spring break and it looks to be another very wet one. :0(

Love, Kim

PS. The boys liked Alvin and the Chipmunks...Karl didn't, it's most definetly a kids movie. Go figure, this is a guy who loves the movie "Cars" and will watch it every week. :0)

PPSS. Coming soon, my next life's lesson...
If you can change an engine, you can change a toilet paper roll. {wink}


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh?? Last day of spring break is on a Monday??? Kim, as "simple" as a trip to the laundry mat is, you sure do know how to make us enjoy it!! :)

Do you mean Karl didn't even chuckle about the raisin/poop part with the chipmunks? For what it's worth I, too, didn't enjoy it as much as Cars, though. :o)

Hey, Kim. I wonder how long your t.p. holder has needed to be hung? I've had a certain appliance in the house for over a YEAR and it still isn't hung. I'm not joking!!! :)

Have a great night.

Shiela

Kim said...

Sheila..
LOL...you are killin' me!!
No, I meant put the actual roll of TP on the roll, the roller thingy is already there. :0)
~Kim~

Anonymous said...

OOPSIE!! Now I'm cracking up. The actual ROLL of T.P. isn't so hard. Now I'm rather embarrassed to admit we're so bad at getting tasks done! HA!! :o)

Shiela

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin