Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cold & Quiet Sunday Morning

49 degrees at 8 AM is not cool, not cool at all. Cold, yes but not cool.

So, while Karlio took the boys down South to drop off some important paperwork and to check out the main truck/construction shop {it's like 4 times the local one}, I decided to let the men have their time while I choose to hover around the coffee pot thinking of any excuse in the world as to why I should not go outside walking on this frigid morning. :0)

I think maybe I'll make a veggie soup today, squash, eggplant, zucchini, green onions and tomatoes. Yeah, that sounds like true comfort food. Unfortunately my boys won't touch it so for them...Campbell's Chicken Noodle will do just fine. LOL!

Just to get everyone out there in the stay inside and feed your face mood, I put this together. It's what we do when we are at the beach...which was just a week ago today, which really bums me out cuz today I sent my boys out with JACKETS and HATS! Dang crazy weather, Grrrrrr.....

BeachDinnerCollage


As you can see, we are not fancy froo froo eaters around here. No way, no how, not ever. :0)

Have a great day everyone!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shiela in NY said...

Hey, that's not too cold to grill! Folks around here grill outside in the winter. Yep, a nice grilled steak tastes pretty yummy come, oh, January!! :o)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Your soup sounds delicious. Can you post the recipe? I am in Ft. Lauderdale, and it is cold here, too!!
Thanks,
Diane

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin