Monday, October 12, 2009

Beaching It In October

It was absolutely GORGEOUS yesterday even though one of us {ummm, me} didn't put the sunblock on and ended up a little one the burnt side. LOL, hey, it's color, right?!!
Since I haven't visited my "Zen" in two months, that burn will turn golden in about 4 days. Gotta love the way "Zen" primes you for future tans. :0)

Here's one of the boys, Kolin was very much into catching sea crabs and not so much into sitting for a photo...

gulfisland10-11-09 004 copy


Just over the horizon is the Gulf of Mexico.

I have a bunch more pictures to put up but thought I'd add this one which happened a little later in the day, although strangely enough..we saw no rain at all...

rainbowatthebeach


Today our new "gothic" style bed set was delivered and set up. With the way I have things in our room decorated in black and purple..OMG, this bed ROCKS!! It totally brings the whole room to life. I've wanted this style bed forever. Love the goth/mid evil/old cemetery gate style. I'll get some photos of it soon, promise.

Ness, sorry I just plain out forgot to answer you.
OK...here goes.
We LOVE our new home. It is way smaller then what we are used to. Going from 5/6 bedrooms and 3 baths to 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths was an adjustment, but it was a good adjustment.
It's bright, it's cheerful, it's got ceramic tile which is soooooo easy to keep clean.
The thing is, we were down to only two kids. Karlio and I figured, you know after having 6 kids always trash everything, living with the hand me downs from everyone, the boys are at the age where they know how to take care of things.
It's "our" time now. Time for out with the old, and in with the new.
We did get some new pieces of furniture and yes, it will take a while to pay it off but we will. It's finally what we like and not what we have to use.
I loved having tons of small kids calling me "Mommy" all day, I loved sippy cups and sticky fingers, cheerios and endless gifts colored in coloring book pages.
I have to tell you though, I am LOVING this stage of life, seriously loving it.
Plus, this house also represents a new beginning for Karlio and myself. Out with the old marraige and in with the new.
I finally have the house I have always wanted and Karlio, well he finally has the garage a/k/a "man-rage" he's always wanted.

I say go for it. Moving is a pain, that's true, but it is also an excellent way of purging and ridding yourself of the negative material things that tie you down.

Faith, Hope and Love Baby. :0)

Have an awesome night everyone!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, K-Klan! I was only online one time while away but never had a chance to stop by your Blog. Just got myself caught up, though. :o) The car wash was great. Even though they had fun, it was funny that you had them follow up on their wishes for a clean automobile! Now, thinking back to when I was about Kody's age...I wrote "clean me", but it was on my brother's Camero. On the paint. Boy, did he NOT ask me to clean that car! Instead, I had a long lecture on why you don't 'write' on a car. I don't think I ever did after that...even the windows!!! R.I.P., Stan. :o)

I'm rather geolous about your trip to the beach. Here we visited TX over the weekend and it wasn't much warmer than Upstate New York. Give it a couple days...we're going to have low 40s as our day time temps. :(

Can't wait to see pics of your new bed. I completely relate to the hand-me-downs, and thankfully we received them, but sometimes it's nice to have a new piece of furniture (or two, or three!).

Hoping EVERYONE down there is doing okay. Been thinking about you!!

Love,
Shiela in NY

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin