Wednesday, September 21, 2011

UPDATE

After a VERY rough night of neurological changes that were bad...REALLY bad, and an entire morning of it being even worse, Kody finally made it into surgery at about 9:30 this morning and got out around noon.

He woke up for about five seconds for me, long enough to say "I love you Mom" and he's been back to sleep since.

They found out that much of the tubing near his neck was in such bad shape it was only a matter of time before they would have to take it out anyway.

He's resting peacefully right now and although he has no shunt he is draining externally from his head.
He'll be this way for about seven days before they replace the whole shunt.

It's been a long few days, exhaustion is hitting hard.

Here's a quick picture I took with my phone when he got back to his room. You can see where his head was shaved for the drain.



I'll try to update as often as I can.

Don't forget you can find me on Facebook: Isabella Sophia Provolone

Thank you everyone for the love!!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So tough to see Kody like this after so many years of doing well. Praying that he is comfortable and that the new shunt will work out good so he has a lifetime of no more infections or headaches....Hugs to all of you
Michelle

debbie said...

Glad he is resting better. I sent you a request on facebook. He sure has grown up! All of you are in my prayers and thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Glad Kody is resting better. I have kept up with him through Caringbridge and then your blog forever! He sure has grown up! Keeping you guys in my thoughts and praying! Hang in there! i sent you a facebook friend request! i am sure you are getting quite a few! Debbie

Anonymous said...

Prayers and hugs to all of you.

Connie F-G
LaVista NE

Krista... Proud Mom of Scrappy and Bailey said...

I am so sorry to hear about Kody, I hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery. I just lost my Mom to bone cnacer in March, it was so hard watching her go through treatments, I could not imagine watching a young child go through it. I have been following your blog since a local Wisconsin little boy Parker was diagnosed with brain cancer on the Caring Bridges Website. I love your blogs and look forward to reading them daily, some make me laugh and some make me cry. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Do you allow Kody to receive care packages? I would love to send him one? I really feel for him and I am so sorry he needs to go through all this pain. Best of Luck!!! Stay Strong

tricia said...

i'm so sorry that Kody is going thru this. prayers being said

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin