Monday, March 2, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookie Time

Whats good on a chilly, windy day? Peanut butter cookies made by my boys baking in the oven, that's what.



BTW...eating them is even better. :0)

We took Kody to the speech pathologist and he did confirm Kody's diagnosis as "Spasmodic Dysphonia". There are two kinds of SD and as it turns out, Kody has a mix of the both.
Botox may or may not help. For now though, till school lets out in early June, Kody will be having weekly speech therapy treatments to see if he can learn how to control his voice issues. That may or may not work also, but if we don't give it a try, we will never know.
This Thursday Kody has an appointment with his Neurologist out in Orlando. We'll show up with the written DX and then get busy on finding a facility that is willing to treat him.

Other then that..life rolls on and in this house tonight, life rolls on one stomach virus/fever at a time. Last week it hit Kolin and on the way home from the speech therapist, it hit Kody. Yuck!

On a brighter note...I am working full speed ahead on getting the hat site back up and running again. After taking a small burn out break, I have picked up the crochet hooks once again and am in the middle of creating all super cute things newborn. I've got a zillion ideas and I am working at night to make them happen. Expect some hats up real soon.

Welp my friends..it's time for me to get going for tonight.
Take care everyone..and stay safe in all that snow ya'all easterners are getting...will winter ever end cuz it is cold here too. :0/

Love, Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kody. Sorry you've got a bug. :( I'm glad your appointment went well and that there is a game plan.

Kim, I sure hope your burnout phase is all done. As I hope you know, I think about you constantly and hope you're hanging in there.

Loved the pic of the PB Cookies. A favorite in this house too! :o)

Gotta go get the woolies on. We didn't get more than a dusting of snow here today but it's gonna be down-right cold tonight. -15 with wind chills. :(

Have a good day tomorrow, and I sure hope Kody's on the mend soon.

Love,
Shiela in NY

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin